If you are involved in an accident in a division owned vehicle, please follow these procedures.
- Stop at once.
- Check for injured parties
- Notify police and give exact location. Advise police of any injuries.
- Obtain name, address, vehicle license number and insurance information of other party.
- Obtain names and addresses of all witnesses.
- Complete a police report.
- Complete a state accident report (RSK-001).
- DO NOT SIGN OR MAKE A STATEMENT AS TO RESPONSIBILITY.
- Notify the division within 24 hours of the accident or the next working day.
- The driver/agency must submit a completed copy of the state accident report (RSK-001) to the division.
- For accidents involving another party that will result in a claim against the State, the driver/agency must send a copy of the state accident report (RSK-001) to the Tort Claim manager in the Attorney General's office.