Maintenance and Repairs
The current maintenance schedule for all vehicles is every 5,000 miles. Vehicles driven less than 5,000 miles a year, the division requires the vehicle to be serviced once a year.
The division performs a comprehensive service PLUS a complete safety check of the vehicle during each service. This requires more time than an express lube service. Please plan accordingly.
Please contact the Carson City office for concerns with your vehicle.
Please contact the local facility if you have any concerns with your vehicle.
Vehicles located in the Reno/Sparks, Carson City, Las Vegas areas
These vehicles are serviced at the local facilities only. The using agency needs to contact the local facility for an appointment. At the time of service, the vehicle will be cleaned and fueled.
Vehicles located in rural locations
These vehicles are serviced at local vendors.
To request service, please follow these steps.
- Contact our service department at (775) 684-1885
- The service department will direct you to an authorized vendor
- Upon arrival, please instruct the vendor to contact our service department for approval prior to performing any repairs.
- The division's service department will review the vehicle's service history and advise the vendor of needed maintenance or repairs.
- Once the service is completed, the vendor will contact the division for payment. The agency does not need to forward any copies of the invoices.